Barry W. Gier, P.E. - VP
Senior Project Manager
Mr. Gier graduated from the University of Kansas in 1997 with a BS Degree in Civil Engineering. He is a Licensed Professional Civil Engineer in the State of New Hampshire.
Mr. Gier joined Jones & Beach Engineers, Inc., in 2011 bringing more than fifteen years of experience with him. Given his level of expertise, accuracy and attention to detail, he is an extremely valuable resource. He began his career working with Civil Engineering firms developing site plans and subdivisions. He also worked on numerous Regional Airport projects involving Runway Designs and Construction, Safety Area Construction, and Wildlife Area Mitigation. He has extensive knowledge and experience with Roadway Design, Stormwater Design, Sanitary Sewer Design, Water Distribution System Design, Airport Design, Waste Water Treatment Plant Design, Construction Specifications and Construction Monitoring, and Stormwater Field Inspections. He has also
handled Federal, State, and Local permitting for various public and private projects in addition to coordination with Regulatory Agencies, Municipal Officials, Commissions and Boards. His duties include the planning, designing and tracking of cost-estimates for building structures and facilities, including parking areas, water and sewer systems, and drainage facilities, as well as handling environmental permitting.
* Stratham, NH: MBRAUN Site Design, Engineering & Permitting of 14,000 S.F. building addition with access, parking, and drainage revisions ~ Project Engineer & Site Designer
* Barrington, NH: Convenience Store/Gas Station Site Design, Engineering & Permitting ~ Project Engineer & Site Designer
* Hampton, NH: 8-Lot Subdivision including a 500 L.F. roadway, municipal sewer and water, and gravel wetland stormwater system ~ Project Engineer & Site Designer
* Hampton, NH: Multi-Family Residential Development including two 9,000 S.F. buildings and parking ~ Project Engineer & Site Designer
* Exeter, NH: Exeter Hospital Site Plan Engineering of a 13,000 S.F. building addition with access, parking and drainage revisions ~ Project Engineer & Site Designer
* Seabrook, NH: Route 1 Commercial Development ~ Project Engineer & Site Designer
* Dover, NH: Exit 9 Professional Office Project including an 80,000 S.F. building, parking, and underground detention system ~ Project Manager & Site Designer
* Dover, NH: Thornwood Commons / Thornwood Village, 100-Acre Mixed-Use Development including 3,000 L.F. of roadway with Round-About, 20-acres of single-family residences, 25-acres of commercial/office use, existing dam redesign, and automotive dealership design ~ Project Manager & Site Designer
* Portsmouth, NH: Pease 153, 155 & 157 International Drive, Multi-Building Office Park including LEED Site Design ~ Project Manager & Site Designer